Digital Marketing Internships
With its headquarters situated in the heart of bustling Cape Town, this company is more than just the leading safari company in Africa (four years running!). With a portfolio of properties across the continent and as the winners of a distinguished African Excellence Award for our 2020 Vision, this is a company that has the spirit of a startup, but with the marketing expertise of an acclaimed ad agency. Our drive to be the best in the business is motivated by our vision to make a positive impact through our various initiatives.
From our humble beginnings, with under 10 employees in 2004, they have grown into a quirky mixture of over 200 entrepreneurs, tech boffins, ex-Google professionals and the most promising graduates from all across the globe - our “Rhino Crash” - as we like to call them. This melting pot of talent, where interaction and collaboration is encouraged, allows our interns to flourish and reach their full potential.
To showcase our beautiful continent to the world, while simultaneously creating an environment focused on life-long learning, we have created these unique Digital Marketing internships. These internships are designed to grant bright young marketing enthusiasts, who share our passion for travel and all things Africa, the opportunity to learn from the leaders in the field and upskill themselves. Training and development is one of our core pillars. We are constantly learning and developing to keep up with the dynamic world of marketing, so all interns attend regular workshops and certification programs.
We have the perfect internship for you, offering opportunities to English or German or French speakers in specialized roles in Digital Marketing and SEO. Our digital marketers and SEO specialists take a scientific yet creative approach to performance marketing.
They participate in various workshops and certification programmes including:
Intro to Online Marketing; Social Media in International Markets; SEO Basics and International SEO; Excel for Beginners; Google Analytics; Photoshop Essentials Training; Branding Fundamentals; How Online Analytics Work; Writing for the Web; Introduction to Competitive Analysis; Introduction to Google Search Console; Introduction to Moz; HTML and CSS Basics
If analyzing market trends or working on campaigns with leading brands such as Lindt and SWAROVSKI OPTIK sounds like your sort of thing, this is the role for you!
This is all it takes:
- Hold (or be pursuing) a degree in any field that renders you the ideal candidate - we believe in strength in diversity
- Show us the desire to grow and develop within a multimedia/digital marketing-related career - we seek to inspire
- Strong computer literacy - we're a digital company, so everything is on the net
- Possess the gift of the gab - we're all about excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Be a team player who is not afraid to pass the ball - collaboration is one of our core values
- Be willing and able to relocate to Cape Town if you are not here already to do your internship - it's only the world's most beautiful city.
- CAPE TOWN: Carry out your craft in gorgeous offices located in the heart of Cape Town, the world's most beautiful city. Pristine beaches and world-famous hikes are just 15 minutes away from our HQ, so be sure to pack your bathing suit and hiking boots!
- COMPENSATION: To ensure we attract only the best of the best, we offer each intern a stipend of R5,000 per month, along with a monthly voucher, worth R250, to use at our in-house Cafe. Interns receive monthly vouchers to enjoy hearty meals, delicious coffees and sweet treats from our own master chefs and expert baristas. The Cafe is a place to mingle and relax with your colleagues, and even learn some foreign slang.
- THE TRACKER PROGRAM: You’re not just another lost animal in the wild! We assign each new intern a ‘tracker’ to guide them through the jungle, introduce them to their fellow team members and our unique family culture.
- INDUSTRY EXPERTS AND MENTORS: Work under visionary leaders who encourage open and direct communication and honest feedback.
- MAKE A DIFFERENCE: Use your marketing expertise to develop content which has a positive impact on Africa’s wildlife and people. For more than a decade, we have backed their causes by providing coaching, mentorship, financial aid and infrastructural aid.
- TAKE OWNERSHIP: Have freedom within and ownership of your work, with the support and guidance of your dedicated mentor. Our mantra is simple: the easiest way to improve is to learn from the best.
- DIVERSE CULTURE: This is a fun, challenging, fast-paced place to work. We’re one big family. Interns are encouraged to soak up our culture and participate in social and community events, while getting to know their colleagues from all around the world.